February 03, 2008

the p-word...aka procrastination

I told myself, and even made a goal that I would make regular blog posts... And that lasted about a week in December... ha ha... so now I'll try to post random things slash pictures slash quotes every once and a while to capture the moments of a 21 year old going to MCC...

Today in church, I heard a guy say,
...
"Procrastination is the thief of life..."
...
That, my friends, might be the most accurate quote ever... and ironically, I should be reading, or doing homework, or further enriching my life with good things, but... I am Blogging - which for me means I am procrastinating and putting off that ever-growing To Do List... That good old p-word has stolen a lot of LIFE from me over the years, but quite frankly, that's ok - - I really am ok with it... for me, that awesome feeling/adrenaline I get when I FINALLY finish that project at 3:30 in the AM, makes it all worth it... some of us dixon kids are just cool like that.





5 comments:

Holly said...

hehe yes us dixon kids are just cool like that. as i... could be.. or should be for that matter.. doing hw or something haha

granny said...

It is called having too much to do.
Maybe.
I'm a master.
You learned from the best.

Mark Dixon said...

It is great to know that you are busy ... doing good things.

Coree Adams said...

You and Ang are so much alike. You kids rock, even if you do procrastinate. Whatever you procrastinated doing is done better than anything I would have planned out and worked on for a long time.

Emmy Z. said...

How odd that I just posted to my blog about this same thing. Just remember the good ole quote, "Hard work pays off in the long run, but procrastination always pays off now." Check out other bits of wisdom at www.despair.com. :) By the way, this is your cousin, Em up in Utah. I happened upon your blog through some link somewhere. Don't get too bogged down in homework!